Sunday, May 30, 2010

Tulla(more) in delaware

Good news for Irish whiskey lovers in Delaware because the First State has added a few new notches to its belt with regard to uisce beatha. Delaware has finally brought along the rest of the Tullamore Dew family, adding: TD 10, TD 12, and TD10 year old Malt to the mix. No longer do I have to cross the line into Maryland or Pennsylvania to get a Tullamore upgrade, or at least, not for much longer.

The newer Tullamore selections may be listed in Delaware’s wholesaler index catalogue, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that they are available to purchase. I’ve only seen TD 12 on the shelf of 1 bar, and not on any liquor store shelves. Based on the wholesale price, I’m guessing that these 3 whiskies will retail for around $35-$40 a bottle. I’ve tried both the 10 and 12 year old version, and they are both good, the 12 being particularly nice. They have the same silky smoothness of regular Tullamore, but with more full-bodied oomph. I’m really looking forward to the 10 year-old Malt, and I’ll definitely be requesting it if I don’t see it on someone’s shelf soon. As a parting note, I’ll recommend TD 12 as a way to bring people over to the dark side of Irish whiskey. Use the smooth, full flavor of the 12 year-old to get your Scotch drinking compadres to join the Shanty Irish whiskey brigade.

In closing, Happy Memorial Day to all of you loyal readers, and let us all remember to honor those who gave their lives serving this great country of ours. I wish a very heartfelt thanks and slainte to all of America’s service personnel, past and present, living and dead, who we all owe our freedom too.

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Paddythepublican@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment